The latest patch for Smash Ultimate, 7.0.0 has brought about a decent amount of changes and the addition of Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. But reading these changes may not translate well to those trying to figure out how good or bad the changes are for a particular character.
Here’s where ZeRo comes in to help us all figure out what these changes mean. ZeRo is considered the best Smash WiiU player by dominating almost every tournament he attended. Now retired, he streams Smash and makes great videos on analysis and fun stuff from the Smash community.
He focuses on the characters that received major changes to their kit. Some of the more notable changes he lists for the characters are as follows:
- Samus – Zair is more active and damaging
- Sheik – Increased range for grab and side-B
- Dr. Mario – Down tilt getting more hit stun
- Young Link – Zair getting better launch angle for combos
- Toon Link – Zair is more active thus landing more consistently
- Cloud – Limit Break bar charging faster
- Ryu/Ken – Buffed the most in this patch getting more shield break and kill combos
- Joker – Neutral special nerfed from 3 gun beams down to 1
- Zero Suit Samus – Down B not as effective for killing
- Palutena – Down throw changes won’t allow combos anymore.
See the video below for his full explanation on all of the notable changes:
Be sure to support ZeRo by subscribing to his YouTube channel here and Twitch channel here.