The Combo Breaker retrospective stream just happened this past weekend and it was a fun time to reminisce about this great event over the years. To celebrate, Skullgirls developers Lab Zero, put out a big update to add a bunch of new content and fix some bugs while they were at it.
Historically, Combo Breaker was set as THE event to attend for Skullgirls players, especially those who participated in the Skullgirls league of past. So this celebratory update is fitting to show some love for an event that the community holds dear.
Check out the full list of official updates made below:
Added to Skullgirls
- New intro animations for Beowulf, Double, and Squigly, courtesy of Skullgirls Mobile!
- A SonicFox NPC and associated update for the Class Notes variation!
- KO screams for all characters when they’re KO’d in the air!
- Rebuilt character art with those all-important extra pixels!
IVE BEEN SO EXCITED TO TALK ABOUT THIS BUT YEAH
SONICFOX IS FINALLY AN NPC IN SKULLGIRLS! AAAA IM SO HAPPY pic.twitter.com/GO2fV2yNi1
— SonicFox (@SonicFox) May 22, 2020
2nd Encore DLC updates
- Two new colors per character from Skullgirls Switch, courtesy of Skybound Games!
- Even more extra colors for various characters, also courtesy of Skullgirls Mobile!
- A new stage, No Man’s Land, also-also courtesy of Skullgirls Mobile!
- Several more revived, previously-removed colors for various characters.
Fixes and Improvements
- Removed the cap of 3 wins in Quick Match – now you can rematch forever!
- The first hit of Beowulf’s snapback no longer wrongly breaks all hyper armor. It still correctly breaks Sekhmet.
- Beowulf’s Geatish Trepak correctly deals only recoverable damage.
- Cerebella’s Grab Bag now properly scales followups to 55%, if you somehow manage to follow up.
- Fixed the frame of Grab Bag recovery where Cerebella would not go into hitstun if she got hit.
- Double’s airthrow correctly deals only recoverable damage.
- Added half-circle-forward (41236) overrides to Double’s Lugers, so dashing forward and performing a half-circle using an assist input correctly gives Luger instead of Hornet Bomber.
- Increased the size of the hitboxes on snapbacks for Filia, Fukua, Painwheel, Parasoul, and Peacock, in order to better match the animation and/or be able to properly OTG opponents during certain frames.
- Remove the last possibility of a Happy Holidays after hitting Fukua’s air Drill of my Dreams.
- Fixed the bug where Painwheel’s Hatred Install would not end after a properly-timed sliding knockdown.
- The last hit of Peacock’s Lv3 correctly deals only recoverable damage.
- Peacock’s Lonesome Lenny can no longer be lifted off the ground by certain attacks, e.g. Big Band’s Cymbal Clash.
- Robo’s Magnetic Trap no longer affects opponents after a snapback, removing a timeout exploit.
- Removed extraneous DP (623) motions for Robo’s Danger specials and Magnetic Trap, they are now properly QCT (236) only.
- Added electric palette effect on opponents hit by Robo’s s.HK because it looks cool.
- Reduced the duration of Robo’s taunt by 20f to bring it more in line with other taunts. Even with the reduction, it is still the longest taunt in the game.
- Squigly can now cancel held stances between Downs in a 1v1 fight.
- Squigly’s Seria Sing->SBO now properly activates air-unblockable protection on the opponent, removing the unblockable Seria Sing setups using the choice of Daisy Pusher or SBO+(antiair grab).
- Solo Squigly’s Inferno of Leviathan properly disappears if she is snapped by a duo or trio.
- Reduced the duration of Squigly’s taunt by 15f to bring it more in line with other taunts.
- Added ground-tech voice lines for Double.
- Headless Fortune properly plays tag in/out voice lines.
- Fixed the button functions in Replay Theater to match the rest of the game.
- Fixed a bug where Cilia Slide, Updo, Fiber Uppercut. and Countervenom could become airborne under extremely specific circumstances.
- Fixed a rare bug where characters who were KO’d, hit a wall, and then got revived were no longer able to be juggled the next time they were KO’d.
Be sure to support Skullgirls and Combo Breaker by picking up their collaboration Eliza t-shirt: