The Roll Back Revolution wins another victory with GGXXAC+R getting it’s official release of GGPO netcode.
The endeavor originally started as a fan project to tweak online play. During the development of this project, Arc System Works actually hired the team to work on adjusting the netcode in an official capacity. Finally that work is done and we have buttery online play for a classic fighter. Here are all the official notes below from Arc System Works’ Steam page.
* Network mode now uses GGPO for online play!
* GGPO input delay can be set between 0 and 4 frames before battle by pressing left/right in a player room. A recommended delay depending on ping is displayed to the user
(0-100ms: 0f, 101-180ms: 1f, >180ms: 2f). This setting is saved.
* During a network game, ping and jitter information are displayed in the upper-right corner.Added player rooms:
* Network mode now supports player rooms of up to six players!
* Anyone not playing will spectate the current match.Added replay support:
* A replay gallery is now accessible from the main menu! Single and team, offline and online games replays are automatically recorded after each match.
* Replays are saved in %USERPROFILE%DocumentsARC SYSTEM WORKSGGXXACReplays, and can be shared with other users.New Training Mode features:
* [LEFT or RIGHT]+RESET: Reset to left/right corner.
* DOWN+RESET: Reset with player sides switched; can be combined with left or right.Many more minor bug fixes, Quality of Life improvements and tweaks.
For those who participated in the GGPO Beta, be sure to change your settings back to normal as the beta is still technically active.