Unknown Gaming has just announced a beta and an arcade release for version 3 of Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai.
Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai is a 2D fighting game very loosely based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It has an anime aesthetic but is highly focused on ground-based footsie style combat. The game has a simple control scheme with Light, Medium, Heavy, and Throw. The game really rewards good footsies by granting big combo opportunities when whiff punishing and counter hitting opponents.
According to the listing in Steam, the latest version of the game’s major changes are the following:
- New playable character “Xu Huang”
- New strategist, “Guo Jia”
- New stage “Luoyang”
The beta is running from May 1 to May 7, 2020. Anyone who currently owns a copy of Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai on Steam will be eligible to participate in the beta. Version 3 will be sold as a DLC update once the development is complete.
Here’s some details about the beta itself:
- Beta is in Japanese
- Only Online Battle mode is available
- If you want to use training mode, you can create a private match room and select training mode
- Keyboard config is not available
- This version is made for testing,so you might encounter some unexpected behaviors while playing
The arcade version of the game will be coming to the Sega APM3 cabinets. No release date has been announced yet, but stay tuned to see when it is announced.
Check out the arcade trailer for the game below: