Garou: Mark of the Wolves has just received the version 1.03 which includes rollback net code.
The modern port for Garou on Playstation 4 was developed by Code Mystics, who specializes in both the emulation and remastering of older video games for modern systems and porting of indie titles. The Code Mystics version has reportedly received the rollback update.
See the patch notes of 1.03 from the update screen shown by Ray Outland:
GAROU GOT ROLLBACK NETCODE IN AN UPDATE?! pic.twitter.com/o68BIVdOqn
— rayplay (@RayOutland) January 23, 2020
The steam version was developed by DotEmu, a French developer that specializes in modern releases of retro PC games. But this version has now been updated with the Code Mystics version of the game along with all the other available modern releases on GOG and Playstation Vita.
We are proud to announce @CodeMystics have graciously replaced all PC versions of Garou MOTW with their masterclass netcode and emulation tech containing ports. Owners with the previous version receive a free upgrade. (Steam, GOG, PS4, and Vita)#MOTW #GAROU #NEOGEO #ROLLBACK pic.twitter.com/eABBcFF6XT
— KAISERWAVE (@krispykaiser) January 23, 2020
For those wondering about the quality of the net code, #1 Garou player in the world, Giby has this to say.
Hey folks, I’ve been working with SNK and Code Mystics the past few months testing the online. My connections all around were significantly better than playing on Fightcade. Be sure to pick this up if you don’t already have it. Let’s play when I get back to the States! https://t.co/foODBnYjVx
— Giby ‘Dr SNK’ Zia (@ManChest) January 23, 2020
These are the other features according to the developer:
- Cross-play with friends on either PS4 or Vita or play with the whole world in online multiplayer using Code Mystics’ proprietary FOCAL online technology.
- Cross-save functionality allows you to save progress and stats to share between the PS4 and Vita.
- Compete on a multitude of leaderboards for world supremacy.
- Unlock beautiful Mark of the Wolves and Fatal Fury series art in the gallery and trophies for your challenging progression in the game.
- Revel in the original Garou soundtrack while in the game menu.
- Pick a favorite art piece from the dazzling selection to frame all of the action!
Score another win for the Netcode Crusade. Let us know which version of the game you’re playing on so we can fight.